Search This Blog

12 July 2008

Calling Must Endure

"Must life get hard, must friends get few, must the years get by before we realize that His presence alone is our only source of lasting joy and protection?"
~ Lawrence Kimbrough


"Suffering and success go together. If you are succeeding without suffering, it is because others have suffered before you. If you are suffering without succeeding, it is so that others after you may succeed."
~ Adoniram Judson


"Oh what I would give for a kind and sympathetic friend such as I had in England. But I rejoice that I am here, notwithstanding; and God is here, who not only can have compassion, but is able to save to the uttermost."
~ William Carey


"Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


"Exposure to the Word brings about a yielded-ness to the Spirit."
~ Pastor Anthony Hendrix

3 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

Kala, Kala, Kala. Your blog entries are all deep and noteworthy but...they are the thought of others. Who are you?

kadellis said...

Sorry to disappoint but I actually have even more other-people-thoughts to add to this one. All my original thought is spent on other things. Seeing as "there is nothing new under the sun" I like to think that all my "original" thoughts are just part of these past great thinkers. But I do feel the stirring inside to write again soon, it just has yet to make itself manifest on this blog. I just can't pass up a good quote when I see one :)

Beth E. said...

I love that first quote especially... Love you doodlehead!